I know!! It’s super exciting!!
Actually, for me, it usually is. I love cooking and I love trying out new recipes. But sometimes, week after week, it starts to become a bit of a chore.
So, to make it easier, I try to stick to a similar schedule every week but change up the recipes each day. Here’s the current schedule I’m working with:
- Sunday–Around the World Night
- Monday–Baked Potatoes
- Tuesday–Sandwich Night
- Wednesday–Out to Dinner / Church night
- Thursday–Crock Pot Meal
- Friday–Breakfast for Dinner
- Saturday–Blue Plate Special (You know, like a diner. Old-fashioned Home cookin’)
I really enjoy meal planning in this fashion because I get to try out all the new recipes I’ve found but I’m working off an easy framework. It makes it so much simpler!
Here’s what I’m cooking this week and where to find the recipes (if I’m using one!)
- Sunday–Grilled Chicken Taco Salads
- Monday–Frito Chili Pie-tatoes (Homemade Chili with Crock Pot Baked Potatoes: served Frito Chili Pie-style)
- Tuesday–BLTs with Avocado from Skinnytaste
- Wednesday–Chef’s Night Off!! Yeehaw!
- Thursday–Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili (again from Skinnytaste–Have I mentioned I love this site?!)
- Friday–Lightened Up Crème Brûlée French Toast and Bacon (Guess what site?!)
- Saturday–Pork Chops and Applesauce with Fried Potatoes, of course
As I try out the new recipes, I’ll be sure to weigh-in on how it was and whether it’s a keeper! And I’ll try to include pictures as well.
So….what are you cookin’ this week?