There’s something to be said for comfort food. For the most part, we eat pretty mindfully around here. But there are times where hearty rib-sticking meals are in order. This week is one of those times.
With fall right around the corner and my departure to D.C. this upcoming weekend, I put my typical meal planning schedule aside and decided to try some of the delicious looking recipes I have pinned on Pinterest. I let the kids look over my Edibles and Drinkables board and choose what they wanted to try.
Here’s what’s on the schedule:
- Sunday (9/23)—Cheese, Potato, & Smoked Sausage Casserole *This was just cheesy deliciousness. My family of 5 cleaned the 9X13 dish in quick order *
- Monday (9/24)—Chicken Tamale Pie (This one actually is pretty healthy! Bonus!)
- Tuesday (9/25)—Bacon & Cheese Quiche with Corn & Potato Chowder (Quiche is a huge favorite around our house. We’re fancy.)
- Wednesday (9/26)–Cooks Night Off
- Thursday (9/27)—Crock-Pot Ravioli Casserole (Snake is especially excited about this one)
- Friday-Sunday (9/28-9/30)–Out of Town Family fends for themselves
I’ll let you know next week how we liked these recipes.
But in the meantime, what are you cooking these days as the weather starts to cool?